123 HP Officejet printer is a multi-purpose printer that can print, copy, scan or fax documents or photos for you. 123.hp.com/oj-j4540 printer is not only produces high quality print but features duplex printing, high speed.
That enables it to produce 50 copies in a minute and Key feature of Officejet J4540 printer is that it can fax at a transmission speed of 4 seconds.
You will see step by step guide for hp officejet j4540 setup, install, download driver and troubleshoot. You can get instant support and services for all 123.hp.com/setup j4540 printer.
Call us For HP Printer Support and Services
123 HP Officejet J4540 First Time Printer Setup
123.hp.com/oj-j4540 printer setup is important and can be a bit confusing as you do it for the first time. First step to hp officejet j4540 setup is unboxing printer and other parts like cable, cartridges etc. Unpack them and set up on a steady place.
- Take out printer along with other parts from box. Keep printer and other parts on a rigid surface.
- Remove sticker from 123 hp oj-j4540 printer control panel.
- Remove all tapes from vivid parts of printer like paper tray, cartridge area.
- Open lid of cartridge access area remove tapes and packing from all parts.
- Open paper tray and remove all sort of packings and tapes. Set papers into paper tray.
- Connect printer cable with rear end of printer and to wall socket.
- Switch on printer by pushing the power button.
- Go to your hp officejet j4540 setup control panel to set preferences like country/region, language etc.
- When you receive a prompt asking for date, time, select your date and time and set OK.
- Post this a welcome screen will appear on your 123.hp.com/oj-j4540 printer.
- Turn on your device (Computer/laptop). Connect your system with wireless/wired connection.
- Go to 123.hp.com/setup j4540 and download required drivers.
- You may need to enter printer model number to find suitable drivers.
- If you don’t find your model from list, browse to HP Customer supports and try by entering your printer model and OS version to search for appropriate printer software.
- Download and install as per onscreen direction.
- Pull the ink cartridge door by holding sides of the door.
- Tear open ink cartridge from its packing and be careful not to touch nozzles that may lead to clogs or other problems.
- Slide open the lid of cartridge slot and put Ink cartridge so as the copper strips are faced toward hp officejet j4540 setup printer.
- Put the genuine HP cartridge into slot so that it fits in place.
- Close lid and now align ink cartridge. Test print a page to check if cartridge is installed properly.
call us toll free @ 1844-201-8861
123 HP Officejet J4540 Printer Features
HP Officejet J4540 Print Setup
123.hp.com/setup j4540 printer supports duplex printing and is very efficient device that can do your printing job and yield quality output.
HP Officejet J4540 Scan Setup
You can scan your documents or photos with Officejet printer and is a perfect device for your home as well as office.
HP Officejet J4540 Copy Setup
123.hp.com/oj-j4540 printer avails you with the facility to copy. You just need to install setup and start copying to your device.
HP Officejet J4540 ePrint Setup
ePrint lets you print from mobile devices/ system through setting up emails. You can print from anywhere that’s an aid.
HP Officejet J4540 AirPrint Setup
AirPrint setup allows you to connect your iOS device with hp oj-j4540 setup and print. Worry not about having to sit in a place to get your documents print.
HP Officejet J4540 Cloud Print Setup
With cloud print you can connect to 123.hp.com/setup j4540 printer from any cloud enabled device and print your documents
123 HP Officejet J4540 Ink Cartridge Installation
While installing ink cartridge you should be extremely careful because if you do not follow instructions with care it may lead to ink failure, spilled ink error, clogs and so on. Using HP genuine cartridges are preferred as that will produce best quality output.
Steps are not complex but make sure you do not mess up. Open door of your ink cartridge access area and pull lid of cartridge slot to expose slots where you need to put cartridges, copper side downwards.
Be sure not to touch nozzle part. When cartridges do not have ink, you need to replace them and you can do so by removing empty cartridges from slot and pushing new cartridges that snaps into place.
If you require to fill in ink on those empty cartridges you can use an injection and inject it onto the cartridge through a tiny hole present on top of the 123.hp.com/setup j4540 printer.
call us toll free @ 1844-201-8861
FAQ For 123 HP Officejet J4540 Printer
In a long run, you will need support for various problems that your printer will come across and that is when this comes handy. You don’t have to go here and there and wear yourself out for finding solutions to these questions.
123 HP Officejet J4540 not printing
- Do not use anything apart from genuine HP ink cartridges.
- Check your paper tray and grab papers that are suitable.
- On your system, click Print on the document you want to print and tap on properties. Here, you can modify settings like Paper type, print quality, black and white, paper size etc.
- Check for low or empty ink cartridges and replace them with newer HP ink cartridge.
- Tap on setup followed by Tools on 123.hp.com/setup j4540 printer control panel and finally on Print quality report to check color and alignment settings.
123 HP Officejet J4540 ink replacement
- Replacement of ink cartridges require to follow these simple steps.
- Open the ink cartridge access door to pull open lid of cartridge slot that exposes already installed ink cartridges (Probably empty).
- Slide cartridge slot to pull out empty cartridge.
- Place new HP cartridges on place so that copper surface is facing downward and snap it on slot.
- If you want to fill in ink inside old cartridge, inject ink through a tiny hole present on top surface.
- Nozzle should be untouched to avoid any kind of errors.
123 HP Officejet J4540 Offline
- To verify connectivity first download HP Print and Scan doctor and install to open.
- Check if your printer is available from the list and perform onscreen directions and tap on Fix Printing.
- If your hp officejet j4540 setup printer doesn’t come out of offline mode then reset print environment.
- To reset print environment, turn off printer and then plug out power supply post 10 seconds.
- Power off all devices that include computer/mobile, router by same method.
- Restart devices and let the connection between printer, router and system become stable.
123 HP Officejet J4540 offline windows 10
- On your windows 10 system, access search bar and go to control panel.
- Open devices and Printer from control panel and that should expose list of all available printers.
- If your HP Officejet j4540 printer is offline, it must be grayed out and won’t print.
- Right click on your printer and go to properties followed by port and see if it is checked.
- If yes, tap configure port and uncheck SNMP mode enabled and apply changes by tapping OK.
- Now, when you go back to your 123.hp.com/setup j4540 printer it should be available online.
123 HP Officejet J4540 connect to computer
- Connect your computer with wireless network by tapping on SSID and if needed enter password.
- Turn on your printer and touch setup post wireless
- Open wireless setup wizard to expose list of available network names and tap on the network you wish to connect to and give password.
- Download legitimate software from 123.hp.com/oj-j4540 and install by following step wise instructions.
- Add printer to your computer and you can begin print, copy, scan or fax.