123 HP Deskjet 2338 Troubleshooting
123 HP Deskjet 2338 Printer Troubleshooting is required in every phase or steps of setting up your printer. Even the easiest steps like unboxing can cause errors just like connecting to network, installing setup or reset.
You may have to face some problem or other on your way during these steps and to move forward troubleshooting is a requirement. You may perform it on your own or receive technical expert’s help who are right here to help you remotely through the steps.
Below shows troubleshooting solution to many of your common HP Deskjet 2338 Printer related troubles.
Call us For HP Printer Support and Services
123 HP Deskjet 2338 Troubleshooting
123 HP Deskjet 2338 Printer is suits for your personal use and its user friendly interface makes it more amazing. Even with the easy interface troubles can be witnessed and you should know how to get rid of them. Refer these solutions whenever you face such problems.
123 HP Deskjet 2338 connect to computer
- Switch on your HP Printer and system and connect them with same wireless network.
- Let us tell you how you can connect 123 Deskjet 2338 Printer to wireless network. From your printer control panel touch wireless followed by setup to open Wireless setup wizard.
- Connect to the wireless network you want to from list and enter password. If there’s no network with the name you are looking for add it by clicking Add network and follow as the control screen directs.
- Visit 123.hp.com/dj2338 and download driver for 123 HP Deskjet 2338 Printer.
- If you can’t find any then go to HP Customer support- Driver downloads and type in your printer model number along with Computer OS version and download.
123 HP Deskjet 2338 WPS pin
- To connect your system with wireless network WPS Pin method is used.
- Turn on your Deskjet 2338v printer and when in ready state, touch wireless icon and then setup to display menu. This menu contains option for Wi-Fi protected setup (WPS), turn it on and then perform as you are asked to.
- Now, on your mobile or system turn on WPS option and if required enter password (In case of WPS security).
- Realize that WPS pin is unique for each connection request and changes whenever you attempt to make a new connection request.
- So, whenever you try reconnecting to network make sure you enter the WPS pin generated for the current session and not previous one.
Call us Toll Free @ 1-810-537-9001
FAQ For 123 HP Deskjet 2338 Troubleshooting
Below listed are few frequently asked questions by users that deal with Deskjet 2338 printer. Quite often they come across these problems as they manage their printers and requires troubleshooting them instantly and that is when these solution works their magic. Refer to them if you ever come across such situation.
123 HP Deskjet 2338 Windows 10 Setup
- Turn off wireless direct when not in use. Connect your printer to wireless network.
- If you can’t, you require to restore network settings for Deskjet 2338 printer.
- You will find this option in wireless setting on printer control panel.
- Now, download and install complete driver software from 123.hp.com/dj2338 and follow instructions to set connection type and add HP Deskjet 2338 as your printing device.
- Test print a page/ document to see if your windows 10 setup is complete.
123 HP Deskjet 2338 won't print in color
- Checking pre requisites is must as without it you won’t get printed documents.
- So, make sure you use genuine HP ink cartridges and cartridges are not empty or low filled.
- Open properties and further Advanced properties to open Grayscale settings.
- Make sure this thing is turned off as enabling it will make prints only in shades of black and not color.
- If it is on, then turn it off. Press OK to apply changes.
- Open a colored document and test print to check if error persists.
123 HP Deskjet 2338 printing blank pages
- Check if Ink cartridges are full and genuine, use neat papers and not crumpled ones.
- Run HP Deskjet 2338 Printers automatic service routine.
- Check Properties and Advanced Properties to see if there’s a problem with any of the settings.
- If you encounter any difference then modify setting and apply changes.
- Touch setup icon from printer control panel and click on Printer Maintenance and choose ‘Clean page smears’; this will cure if there is any ink smears on page.
123 HP Deskjet 2338 Printer Factory Reset
- Press printer power button and unplug; reconnect after waiting for 30 seconds.
- When you switch on printer, keep holding Resume button for about 10 to 20 seconds which will trigger an attention light on your Deskjet 2338 printer.
- Now that you release this resume button you will observe attention and ready light alternating; this indicates your Deskjet 2338 printer is restoring factory settings.
- Tray size, language and page count doesn’t change its value even if you reset factory settings.
123 HP Deskjet 2338 USB Cable Connection
- Avoid using USB hub or docking station and connect USB directly to printer.
- Connect USB when your installer prompts and not before.
- Go to 123.hp.com/dj2338 and download appropriate driver software.
- Once these software finish downloading, install them by double clicking on it.
- Follow as the screen directs to complete installation process and set connection type as USB.
- Connect USB to the rear end of printer and USB port of system when installer prompts you to connect.
- Add HP Deskjet 2338 as your printer and complete setup.